Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thrift Store Treasures



This summer has been all about making my house a home, and I have been getting more & more addicted to finding things to suit my decorating tastes at local thrift stores.  It doesn't help that I live in a town with at least 8 different places to find sweet vintage goodies! :) There are several antique stores, one of which specializes in salvaging & re-purposing as well as an indoor flea market and a goodwill.  Ah......I love this town <3  So, I did already mention that my thrifting habit has crossed the line from hobby to addiction which is why I plan to start an Etsy shop very soon, to help things from getting too cluttered around here. Here are a few of my faves: 
Mushroom teapot, flea market find.
1920's funny wood tavern sign from Salvage Sister's antiques.
1970's cheese & cracker tray found @ Goodwill (Maneki Neko kitties are keepsakes from a friend's wedding).
Owl family Chalk art.
Pennsylvania Dutch vintage Tea towel
Mushroom planter (with patchouli plant) from Etsy.
Momma & Baby owls from Etsy, and flowered bulletin board from Goodwill

Folksy wood sign, flea market find.

The pictures aren't the greatest but, hopefully as I get better at this whole blogging thing, my photography skills will improve! There are lots more but that's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment